Sletrokor is a weight management capsule produced in the USA by 18Nutrition. The company states Sletrokor “may” assist weight loss by:
- Providing appetite suppression
- Lowering blood pressure
- Lowering cholesterol
- Boosting the metabolism
- Improving the immune system
- Helping the digestive system
- Decreasing leptin levels
- Increasing serotonin levels
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
Each (2 capsule) serving provides 1500mg of a proprietary blend, but no inclusion rates are provided for individual ingredients. This makes it impossible to say what level of benefit and/or side effects use of the capsules may entail.
The proprietary blend contains:
- Legume Protein Concentrate (phaseo vulgaris): More commonly known as white kidney bean extract, phaseo vulgaris is a carb blocking ingredient that can interfere with the function of the enzymes that are necessary to digest carbohydrates. Each gram of carbohydrate that is swallowed provides four calories. So by causing quantities of carbs to pass through the body undigested (without realising any calories) phaseo vulgaris has the potential to encourage good weight loss results. However, if the inclusion rate is too low results will not be forthcoming.
- Chitosan: A fat binder. Chitosan is usually obtained from the shells of deep sea crustaceans. The body cannot digest chitosan, so it passes through the digestive system intact and exits with the stool. Its value as a weight loss provider stems from its ability to bind with dietary fats and carry them with it but, once again, good results will be dependent on an adequate inclusion rate.
- Cider Vinegar (powder): The results of one study, conducted in Japan, suggest cider vinegar may offer modest weight loss benefits. However, by the end of the three-month study period, the cider vinegar group had only lost a couple of pounds more than the placebo group.
- Garcinia Cambogia: A fruit extract with a good reputation as a weight loss provider. The active ingredient in garcinia cambogia (HCA) is a natural appetite suppressant and can further assist the weight loss process by limiting the body's ability to store excess calories as fat.
- Gymnema Sylvestre: An ingredient derived from a shrub. It can lower cholesterol levels and may offer benefits to people who suffer from high blood pressure. Some studies suggest gymnema sylvestre may assist weight loss when combined with HCA, niacin, and chromium (neither of which is included in the Sletrokor blend).
- Cascara Sagrada: A drug that was once used for treating constipation. The FDA downgraded its status, and made it available without prescription, when the manufacturer refused to provide sufficient information about safety issues. It is inadvisable to use cascara sagrada for longer than two weeks.
- Aloe Vera (200:1 extract): Aloe vera concentrated to 200 times its normal strength. Aloe vera is a laxative that is often used for providing a detox, but it is unlikely to directly contribute to weight loss. Large doses can lead to stomach cramps and may even be dangerous to the health. So, once again, the lack of inclusion rates is an issue, especially with an extract that is so highly concentrated.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]How to Take Sletrokor – Two capsules should be taken with 8oz. of water, just before eating a meal. A maximum of two doses are permitted per day and the capsules should be used in conjunction with diet and exercise.[/box]
A few customers state the product helped them to lose weight, but the majority of customer feedback is negative.
A few typical comments read:
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]”After 4 months I have not lost any weight at all and the promises made for a refund turned out to be a pack of lies.” [/box]
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]”Sletrokor definitely works. I've been dropping half a pound a day and I don’t even exercise that much.“[/box]
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]”This product does not work and I have been told I am not entitled to a refund.” [/box]
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]”Sletrokor did not help me to lose weight, but it did give me stomach cramps and diarrhoea.”[/box]
Side Effects, Health Issues & Supplementary Information
The label warns the formulation contains an ingredient (cascara sagrada) that makes it unsuitable for pregnant or nursing mothers and anyone under 18-years of age. The manufacturer states people who have known medical conditions should check with a doctor before commencing supplementation. We feel this warning should be extended to people who are taking medication. The presence of chitosan will also make the capsules unsuitable for people who are allergic to seafood.
The sales page at the 18Nutrition website states a 30-day (100% satisfaction) guarantee is in place, but another page on the site states “You can receive a full refund if you return your unopened items within 30 days of delivery”. The official product website promises “Get results with Sletrokor or your money back!”, but the site's Terms of Service page states the guarantee only applies to unopened bottles that have been returned within 15 days.
Purchasing Options & Considerations
Although customers based in the USA have the option of ordering from Amazon.com, customers in the UK will need to purchase via the manufacturers' website or from sletrokor.com. Both sites suggest a bottle of 60 capsules costs $35.99 plus shipping, but this is not the case. Customers are forced to supply their contact details before they can access the order page and when they do so it becomes apparent the price of $35.99 only applies to orders of 5 bottles. A single bottle of pills costs $59.99 (£40) plus shipping and the default setting adds a further $7.99 for shipping insurance.
[box type=”warning” align=”” class=”” width=””]Not Recommended[/box]
For a list of recommended diet pills click here