Lonsdale Thermo Fat Burner is a weight management supplement produced in theUK. The Lonsdale brand is owned by Sports Directs, so customers have the security of knowing they are dealing with a reputable company. Lonsdale products are sold without a guarantee, but the surprisingly low price of the product (RRP £6.99) means the lack of a guarantee is unlikely to scare away too many potential customers.
- Made in the UK
- Helps with weight loss and assists fat burning
- Helps to speed-up the metabolism
- Provides powerful fat burning ingredients
- Converts body fat into energy you can use
How the Formulation Works
None of the Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner sales pages provide any information about how the product is intended to work, but fat burning supplements are usually designed to provide a faster metabolism and trigger a slight increase in the body's core temperature. Although the change in temperature is only slight it is usually sufficient to cause the body to burn calories faster than normal and create an environment that is conducive to the burning of body fat.
No inclusion rates are provided, but Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner contains 10 active ingredients:
- Guarana: A fruit extract that is rich is caffeine, and can be useful for providing ongoing stimulation because it releases its caffeine content quite slowly. Apart from being a good energy provider, caffeine also provides mild appetite suppression and may encourage thermogenic fat burning. However, experts at the Mayo Clinic state the benefits provided are not likely to provide significant weight loss.
- Pyridoxine HC1 (Vit B6): Vitamin B6 is one of several B vitamins that are needed for an efficient metabolism. It is also necessary for healthy eyesight, skin, and hair.
- Magnesium: A mineral that is sometimes used as a binder and filler in pill-type supplements. Magnesium is important to many biological functions, including muscle contraction, and people who attain insufficient amount of magnesium from their diets are likely to feel tired and weak.
- Green Tea: A healthy ingredient that is loaded with antioxidants and can help protect the body from the damaging free radicals found in many foods. Green tea has also been shown to be capable of boosting the metabolism and encouraging thermogenic fat burning.
- Tyrosine: An amino acid that is believed to be good for boosting energy levels and providing extra stamina. Tyrosine can also help protect against stress, but most people should attain an ample supply of tyrosine from their normal diet.
- L-Carnitine: An amino acid that consists of two other amino acids (lysine and methionine). L-Carnitine is often touted to be a fat burner but at least one study suggests further investigation is required.
- Ginger Root Powder: A spice that provides a warming effect and is often used to soothe digestive problems. It is not associated with weight loss, but its presence in the blend may help prevent the pills from being too hard on overly sensitive stomachs.
- Zinc Citrate: Zinc-providing ingredients are often included in testosterone-boosting supplements. Increased testosterone levels have been linked to improved fat burning abilities so, if it is included in sufficient amount, the presence of zinc in the formulation may help the capsules achieve the desired effect.
- Siberian Ginseng: An adaptogen with a good reputation for promoting wellbeing. It is not associated with fat burning, but it's presence in the blend may help prevent a restricted diet from having a negative effect on the health.
- Chromium Picolinate: Chromium has been a popular fat burning ingredient for many decades, but expert opinion suggests its value as a weight loss provider may be overrated.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]Thermogenic Fat Burner Usage Guidelines – Other than recommending the capsules be used in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise, Sports directs does not provide much information about their correct usage. According to the Amazon sales page, three capsules are required per day (taken with water). The other sales pages neglect to provide any dosing information at all.[/box]
Feedback and customer comments are mixed
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]”It was ok, I'm not sure if it worked or not, didn't really feel any sort of thermogenic reaction”[/box]
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]”It was cheap, but its not the money its the wasted time … wish I had gone for something else“[/box]
Side Effects & Health Issues
Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner is unsuitable for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding a child. Nor is it suitable for anyone under the age of 18. People who have existing health problems are advised to consult their GP before taking Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner. People who are taking medications or using other supplements should show an equal degree of caution.
[box type=”warning” align=”” class=”” width=””]Not Recommended[/box]
Lonsdale Thermogenic Fat Burner can be purchased from most branches of Sports Direct. It is also available via the company's online store and from their Lonsdale product website. Each bottle of Thermogenic Fat Burner contains 90 capsules and the RRP of £6.99 is generally reduced to just £5. Sports Direct also operates an Amazon store, but the Thermogenic Fat Burner sales page has stated the product is “currently unavailable” for quite some time, so it is possible Sports Direct no longer wish to market the pills to Amazon customers.
Although value for money (and price) should always be taken into consideration it could be unwise to use it as the main drive for your choice of diet pill.
We have put together our definitive list of diet pills with ratings from not just us but from real users as well.