HydroxyElite is a fat burning pill manufactured in the USA by Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals (formerly called USPlabs). The pills were brought out to replace one of the company's earlier products called OxyElite Pro that contained the illegal stimulant DMAA.
The FDA took the company to court in 2013 and this resulted in the company destroying their entire stock of OxyElite Pro. HydroxyElite contains a similar line-up of ingredients, the best of which is probably garcinia cambogia (not used in the previous product).
However, like OxyElite Pro, HydroxyElite still relies on DMAA to contribute to the promised high speed fat burning effect.
Other alleged benefits include:
- Faster metabolism
- Appetite suppression
- Enhanced mental focus
- Increased lipolysis
- Boosted energy levels
- Suppressed hunger cravings
What is HydroxyElite and how does it Work?
HydroxyElite is a fat burning product that relies heavily on stimulants to provide the desired effects. The fact that so many stimulants are included should ensure users experience the promised energy boost and if the blend is successful in providing appetite suppression it should help capsule users to lower their calorie intakes.
Key Ingredients & Blend Potential
HydroxyElite utilizes a proprietary blend that contains unspecified amounts of six ingredients, most of which are stimulants.
- DMAA (1,3 Dimethylamylamine): An indirect sympathomimetic drug that was originally developed as a nasal decongestant, but was removed from the market in 1983. It was first marketed as a dietary supplement in 2006, after the ban of ephedrine. Its main values is as a stimulant. It has never been proven to be effective for weight loss and the range and severity of side effects related to its uses have resulted in it becoming illegal in many countries.
- Caffeine Anhydrous: A powerful stimulant that is usually associated with coffee, but can be sourced from several other plants including guarana. Caffeine can be very useful for boosting energy levels and providing extra focus. It is also a natural appetite suppressant.
- Rauwolfia Canescens: An alkaloid that can be obtained from certain species of tree and shrub. Rauwolfia canescens is a stimulant. It is also believed to be capable of boosting the metabolism.
- Bauhinia Purpurea: An ingredient derived from an Asian orchid-tree. Some studies conducted on animals indicate it could be useful for preventing kidney disease. It is probably included here due to the common belief that it can stimulate the thyroid and cause it to release extra hormones that can speed up the metabolism.
- Bacopa Monnieri: A plant extract that is a traditional Ayurvedic treatment for neurological disorders. One study suggests it may be useful for boosting the metabolism, so that probably explains its presence in the blend.
- Garcinia Cambogia: A respected weight loss ingredient extracted from the rind of an Asian fruit. The active ingredient is hydroxycitric acid (HCA) and it is useful for providing appetite suppression. HCA also has the power to disrupt the body's ability to the ability to transform excess carbohydrates into fat.
[box type=”info” align=”” class=”” width=””]Usage Instructions – Two to three capsules are required each day. One to two capsules should be taken first thing each morning, followed by one capsule after lunch.[/box]
Customer Feedback & Testimonials
Some of the sites marketing the product display a few positive testimonials that are attributed to satisfied customers, but the authenticity is questionable because no side effects are ever mentioned, a fact that is very strange bearing in mind problems associated with DMAA. However, one forum user claims the capsules made him ill.
[box type=”shadow” align=”” class=”” width=””]“The pills gave me headaches and dizzy spells right from the start, but I stuck with them just the same and managed to lose some weight. I had to stop after a week because the side effects were getting worse instead of better. My kidneys hurt, my eye balls felt strange and my heart was beating so fast I genuinely began to fear for my life.”[/box]
Side Effects & Health Implications
The fact that HydroxyElite uses DMAA is extremely worrying, as is the fact that the quantities involved are unknown.. The FDA issued an official warning about the ingredient in 2013 and mentioned USPlabs as a main offender. According to the FDA warning, some of the possible side effects include psychiatric and nervous disorders and heart problems
Where to Buy HydroxyElite
Due to its highly controversial nature, HydroxyElite is not stocked by any of the main supplement retailers, but some of the smaller online outlets are still marketing it. Bottles generally cost upwards of $30 and are sold minus the benefit of a manufacturer's guarantee.
[box type=”warning” align=”” class=”” width=””]Not Recommended[/box]
The fat burning genre is dominated by very few products – perhaps the best in class in PhenQ.
PhenQ is a highly effective fat burning that has a very high safety record. It can also block dietary fat and suppress appetite. It is a product that is deserving of its accolades.